I am challenging my distance education class in Social Media to learn and document a new skill in 30 days.
The steps are:
- Pick a skill or activity that we would like to learn how to do
- Find information online about how to do that thing
- Work at doing that thing every day for 30 days
- Document the process
- Share what we are doing online
- Support one another in the class who are doing the same thing.
I intend to join in the fun. The activity or skill I have selected is writing a book. For years I’ve had some ideas about writing some books. I’ve jotted down some ideas, but never have made a serious effort towards making it happen. So for 30 days beginning this coming February 4th, 2019, I plan to write my first book. Or at least make significant headway towards that goal.
The topic I’ve decided to write about is Desert Storm in the Gulf: Experiences of Ordinary Sailors During Operation Desert Storm.
I plan to use various social media and online platforms to locate sailors who were there. As preparatory work this week I want to develop an outline of subtopics to explore, start collecting names of people to request interviews with and locate the videos on YouTube made by people who were there.